I'm a title. Click here to add your own text and edit me.
How To Find The Right Therapist
Nothing is easy in this world. Even finding the right therapist is challenging. So this article will help you find out who or which therapist will work best for you. Here are some tips for you so you can find the best match for you:
1. Talk to a lot of therapists. Interview at least three therapists. Some therapists offer free consultation. Others, on the other hand, just charge you with minimal fee. No matter, spending a little money can not hurt you when you want to find the right therapist for you. Learn more about cincinnati marriage counseling, go here.
2. Ask for any referrals form family and friends. Since going to a therapist is now accepted in society, asking for referrals or help form family and friends is not a sign of weakness. Referrals are better since people close to you can attest that a certain therapist is a good one.
3. Decide on what gender you want your therapist to be. Since in a therapy, you need to be comfortable with whom you are talking and sharing your thoughts with, gender becomes a factor. To put it simply, some people are more comfortable with a certain gender than the other. You need to find a therapist you find comfortable so you can go back to him or her whenever you need help.
4. Look at the therapists' photo. Why? Well, let us just say that a photo can say a thousand words. This way, you can point out which of the therapists stand out for you and that you think you will find it comfortable talking to them.
5. Theoretical orientation. There are many ways on how can a therapy be. You should know what type of therapy you want. You should decide what role will you have during the therapy and what role should your therapist have. Some therapists give homework to their patients. Some like to dig about your past. Thus, it is vital that you ask your potential therapist on how they view counseling. It would be best if you are fine with their answers.
6. Make a schedule with the therapist via phone call ahead of time. It may be more convenient for you to set up an appointment with a therapist via email but I suggest that you do it via phone call. Why? Well, a simple conversation over the phone (even if it is just about setting up an appointment) can reveal you a lot of things. It can help you decide if you want to be a patient to that therapist. Many things are reveal like if the therapist call back on time or if he or she is kind during the phone call.
7. Consider the location of the therapist and for how long you would travel to get to her or him. It is unwise if your therapist is very far from your place. It would be inconvenient for you, obviously. But if you found your right therapist and he or she just happens to be located far from you location, do not get discouraged. Just keep on looking. Take a look at this link http://www.dictionary.com/browse/therapist for more informatiion.
8. Decide on what you will need from your therapist ahead of time. Make a list on what information will you need and ask from a therapist so you can gather all the information you need without forgetting anything. You can tell them the questions or things you would like to know during you phone call when you schedule an appointment so that the therapist can answer all of them during the consultation.